Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Project


Fig.1: The overall building with units linked

Well here is the project (Fig.1) I have been working on for the past 2 months. This is the first real project I have done in Revit. In version 1 or 2 I did a couple of small houses. During this project I have done D&D for another small house. Our firm actually specializes in large, custom residential estate homes. This large project is new for us but we have experienced people on the team. So far I am basically the only one working on this project in "CAD". I did have help laying out the basic units but the guy isn't experienced in Revit. He is one of our top CAD guys so I feel it is only a matter of time before he starts cranking if given the opportunity.

The way I set up this project is to create the building shell in one .rvt file (Fig.1) and create the units in another .rvt file (Fig.2) and link them. We have encountered several problems that need to be addressed. More on that later...

Here are several images of the project as it currently stands. Suggestions, comments, criticisms and smart remarks are all welcome and encouraged.

Fig.2: The unit file

Below are images of the unit mix, I have tried to manage the duplicated units with groups but have lost an enormous amount of productivity farting around with that business. One of my biggest wishes for Revit is that they fix groups or provide another mechanism to handle repeated information.


1 Comments:

Blogger Heath said...

check it: www.lonelyengineer.com

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home